Zoli's creations

Ben je klaar voor het grote publiek? Post hier je plaatjes! Ook links naar mooie dingen van anderen mogen hier.

Berichtdoor Rene.Kok » ma sep 03, 2007 22:34

I think you really have to bore out the stuff to let it run 1000 rpm or more...

It is just not my thing!

@ Nicjasno.com there are more tips to improve performance by modification. For example valve's. There are also some tips for what lubrication to use best.
:idea: ...... If modifing is no problem for you, why don't you make an (L)PE completly out of metal?? Engines that I made on highschool did 6000 rpm, with lots of torque. Gear it down and your crane will work (and run) like a comet....

For me:
I'll just keep on trying it the "standard Lego" way! I think/geuss, 400 rpm is the limit for non-mod.

René
Het lijkt simpel,.............en dat is het ook!!
"Never argue with an idiot. They'll just bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."
Rene.Kok
premium
premium

Thema: Technic.

Berichtdoor Zoli » di sep 04, 2007 11:03

I also underatand your opinion.
If they don't use midified parts theirs engines would also work. In this form the engines are strongers and fasters.
Some modifications are unacceptable for me too. I never cut parts, and I won't do it in the future...
But I think to bore out some holes for 1,5mm wide isn't a big thing.
If someone do this with his cylinders they will also work in normal use.
About lubrication:
How old is your oldest pneumatic cylinder?
I have pneumatic cylinders which are 12years old. When I got my pneumatics I love to use them. I build lots of excavators, cranes, etc...
So I use them very much. Only for normal things! (not for overweight lifts, etc)
When they were new the metal section looks as a mirror. And now they are a little bit black, gray nad of course very dim! And they don't work very good...
I didn't agree with lubrication, but this thing changed my opinion. Because if I would use it I would have 10 more good pneumatics...
Alex designed a new solution which don't need glued parts...
Like I told I accept your opinion.
But you should accept other people opinion also.
I don't know which afols are more who don't agree the modifications or who don't have any problems with it...

A guy told me on 1000steine that my ltm 1200 is not lego, because the "pneumatic" is home made and if there is 1 piece in a MOC which is not lego the creation is also not lego.
Of course I understand his opinion also.
Other 100 people didn't tell this...

But if this is the proportion in modified parts too I think I could use them...

I saw lots of people on brickshelf who use modified parts, and other lots of people who use non lego parts...

I think this is a very difficult question for lego builders because most of them has got other limits in this one...

Otherwise it's still not sure that I will use (L)PE... :)
Zoli

Berichtdoor Rene.Kok » di sep 04, 2007 12:27

The discussion if modifing parts is acceptable or not, will continue as long as there will be Legos.

What irritated me a little in Berlin is that you had comments (even before we spoke to eachother) on my engines. I realy would like to talk to you, but I didn't got the chance, because you already jumped your conclusions.

No, I don't modify the Legos, because for me, and most of the AFOL communty, modifing Legos is out of the question. :arrow: Btw I am really, really intressted who those 100 AFOLs in Berlin where, that did agree with you that modifing is no problem.
:oops:

So please do not try to convince me (or others) to use modified parts.
:raiseone: Convince yourself !!!!!! :raiseone:

You do your thing, i'll do mine!

Succes!!

René
Het lijkt simpel,.............en dat is het ook!!
"Never argue with an idiot. They'll just bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."
Rene.Kok
premium
premium

Thema: Technic.

Berichtdoor Zoli » wo sep 05, 2007 1:07

Your first sentence is alright, and I also think this.
But I don't understand what comment are you speaking about.
Because if I remember good before we talk I comment your engines only Hungarian.
Or I forgot something? :oops:
Before we talk in this year I commented your engines on malug.
The only negative thing what I wrote was that some of your engines hasn't got smooth rpm.
But I think this is right. My engine also has a variable rpm. (just a little bit)
I think it wasn't a negative criticism because I wrote this also: in this form this is the best buildable LPE.
(otherwise when I talk about your engines with those guys I also told these some sentences)
I wrote people not afol. I spoke only some of the afols, but I think if someone would have a negative criticism he would tell it for me, or not?
I don't know why do you think that I want to convince you to use modified parts. 8O
Like I said I also don't like cut parts, and I won't use them... :wink:

This dialogue inspire me to make a poll on other forums. :)

Success for you too!
Zoli

Berichtdoor Sandert » wo jan 09, 2008 18:14

Zoli's MAN is waarschijnlijk af!
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=294699

Vind het bijzonder knap, hoe hij die oranje lichtjes aan de zijkant aan heeft kunnen zetten 8O
Nieuwste project:
Liebherr hei-machine
Sandert

Berichtdoor LegoLion » wo jan 09, 2008 18:38

Sandert schreef:Zoli's MAN is waarschijnlijk af!

Vind het bijzonder knap, hoe hij die oranje lichtjes aan de zijkant aan heeft kunnen zetten 8O

Euhm, "kacsa" staat er boven, dan is die truck toch niet door Zoli gebouwd? Dat wat er naast staat wel maar die truck weet ik nog niet zo zeker... hij bouwt meestal nog groter toch? (wel leuk trouwens die lichtjes :P )
LegoLion

Berichtdoor Sandert » wo jan 09, 2008 18:42

LegoLion schreef:
Sandert schreef:Zoli's MAN is waarschijnlijk af!

Euhm, "kacsa" staat er boven, dan is die truck toch niet door Zoli gebouwd? Dat wat er naast staat wel maar die truck weet ik nog niet zo zeker... hij bouwt meestal nog groter toch? (wel leuk trouwens die lichtjes :P )

Inderdaad... Het is niet van Zoli
Ik heb al een tijdje last van: kijk dat eens, dat ga ik posten en dan zet ik te snel conclusies neer, die (meestal) niet kloppen. Excuus, ik zal er voortaan op letten.

:ontopic:
Nieuwste project:
Liebherr hei-machine
Sandert

Berichtdoor LegoLion » ma jan 14, 2008 21:34

Ik zag net deze voorbij komen, erg fraai vind ik (ben van de zomer in hongarije en bulgarije geweest en daar doet deze truck me echt aan denken!)

Afbeelding

Nice work Zoli! What's the function of the transblue unit (spy bot thing I believe)? Are the new powerfunctions oké for this way of use, I mean heavy jobs...

Ohja linkje > http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=274994
LegoLion

Berichtdoor Zoli » wo jan 16, 2008 21:16

I'm happy that you like my Zil LegoLion! :D
That trans blue thig is spybot. There are 2 motors in that big brick. I use it because I wanted to make is RC, and I have only 4 RC Power function motors now. (I have only the 8275)
The spybot is also RC.
1 motor turn around the turntable, and the othet one control the outriggers.
It doesn't seems in the pictures, but I changed the driving because the first one was weak for the XL PF motor...

The XL PF motor is perfect for heavy jobs. :)
Only the pneumatic engines could be stronger.

That MAN what Sandert linked is not my creation.
It's Kacsa's creation. He is from Hungary too.
He try to build big creations, but he must learn lots of things about them...
His new creations are better, but they are very far away from perfect: :roll:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2920026
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2822491
Zoli

Berichtdoor Sandert » wo jan 16, 2008 21:22

The yellow crane is yours, right?
When I saw the crane, I thought that the truck was also yours. But that isn't. My fault :|

The blue truck is very nice, Zoli :duim:
Nieuwste project:
Liebherr hei-machine
Sandert

Berichtdoor LegoLion » do jan 17, 2008 0:00

Zoli schreef:I'm happy that you like my Zil LegoLion! :D
That trans blue thig is spybot. There are 2 motors in that big brick. I use it because I wanted to make is RC, and I have only 4 RC Power function motors now. (I have only the 8275)
The spybot is also RC.
1 motor turn around the turntable, and the othet one control the outriggers.
It doesn't seems in the pictures, but I changed the driving because the first one was weak for the XL PF motor...

The XL PF motor is perfect for heavy jobs. :)
Only the pneumatic engines could be stronger.

That MAN what Sandert linked is not my creation.
It's Kacsa's creation. He is from Hungary too.
He try to build big creations, but he must learn lots of things about them...
His new creations are better, but they are very far away from perfect: :roll:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2920026
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2822491

Thanks for the answers! Is there gonna be a crane on top of the turntable, I believe you like cranes with lot of pneumatics, or are you gonna built a motorisized crane on top of it? Why are you building a turntable on top of it? For a crane? (or am I wrong? :P ) when I were in Bulgary last summer, I saw them only with a huge mostly green "loadbox" (don't know the englisch word I hope you understand what I mean).. Oh wait, maybe this is gonna be a truck for transporting wood? That can explain the crane and why there is no mechanisme to lift a loadbox so that the cargo will fall out of it.. Okey I'm just fantasising a way, hope you can give me the answer and I also hope to see the final truck soon ;)

Hey and also thanks for the name "Zil", when I came back out of Bulgary I forgot the name and now I don't have to search the internet for the name (I really like those trucks, nice blue and white cabin)
LegoLion

Berichtdoor Zoli » do jan 17, 2008 0:50

Sandert schreef:http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=294699

The yellow crane is yours, right?
When I saw the crane, I thought that the truck was also yours. But that isn't. My fault :|

The blue truck is very nice, Zoli :duim:

Thanks! :D

Those pictures made in an exhibition. :wink:

Sandert schreef:I believe you like cranes with lot of pneumatics, or are you gonna built a motorisized crane on top of it? Why are you building a turntable on top of it? For a crane? (or am I wrong? ) when I were in Bulgary last summer, I saw them only with a huge mostly green "loadbox" (don't know the englisch word I hope you understand what I mean).. Oh wait, maybe this is gonna be a truck for transporting wood? That can explain the crane and why there is no mechanisme to lift a loadbox so that the cargo will fall out of it.. Okey I'm just fantasising a way, hope you can give me the answer and I also hope to see the final truck soon

Hey and also thanks for the name "Zil", when I came back out of Bulgary I forgot the name and now I don't have to search the internet for the name (I really like those trucks, nice blue and white cabin)

This Zil will be a crane. If you take a look to the folders name you can see CraneZil130. :)
These trucks are very old, nowadays I can't see any on the roads...
They ate more petrol what you can imagine. :lol:
As I know type 130 is one of the smallest of zil trucks.

When I searched on the internet I found this picture:
Afbeelding
And I thought I build something like this.

This crane will be a very simple one. So 3 motors are enough to work the whole superstructure. 1 for turn around the turntable, 1 for lifting the boom and 1 for lifting the hook. The first mechanism is in the chassis. This way I can easily get up the 2 other mechanism in the middle of the turntable to the superstructure.
So I can turn around it without limits. (on my ltm 1200 it's only 270degree in one way)
Zoli

Berichtdoor LegoLion » do jan 17, 2008 15:06

These trucks are very old, nowadays I can't see any on the roads...
They ate more petrol what you can imagine. :lol:

:lol: The ones I saw in Bulgaria where all standing still outside and in a way that says that they never gonna hit the road again :P - But there where all kind of petrol monsters (made in Rusia I believe) and they still drive on the road... allthough pertol is not cheap - I will keep my eyes open and hope to see your finished Zil on BS soon ;)
LegoLion

Berichtdoor Sandert » do jan 17, 2008 15:50

Sandert schreef:I believe you like cranes with lot of pneumatics, or are you gonna built a motorisized crane on top of it? Why are you building a turntable on top of it? For a crane? (or am I wrong? ) when I were in Bulgary last summer, I saw them only with a huge mostly green "loadbox" (don't know the englisch word I hope you understand what I mean).. Oh wait, maybe this is gonna be a truck for transporting wood? That can explain the crane and why there is no mechanisme to lift a loadbox so that the cargo will fall out of it.. Okey I'm just fantasising a way, hope you can give me the answer and I also hope to see the final truck soon.

I haven't wrote this :P
Nieuwste project:
Liebherr hei-machine
Sandert

Berichtdoor Zoli » zo jan 20, 2008 18:13

Zoli

Berichtdoor Sandert » zo jan 20, 2008 18:16

Very nice, Zoli :duim: Good work!

I see now support legs by the first picture. Or isn't that necessary?

EDIT: I see support legs: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2725117
Nieuwste project:
Liebherr hei-machine
Sandert

Berichtdoor Zoli » zo feb 17, 2008 15:49

Zoli

Berichtdoor LegoLion » ma feb 18, 2008 0:15

:duim:
LegoLion

Berichtdoor Rusty » ma feb 18, 2008 7:26

Looks impressive! Can the crane still stand straight up if the heli is fully on one side of the crane? I am curious whether the side supports can handle that. It looks like they will. :)
Je kan nooit te veel Lego hebben, hooguit te weinig ruimte om het netjes op te bergen...

Wil je weten wat ik met mijn Lego doe?
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Roestig
Rusty

Thema: Classic Space

Berichtdoor Zoli » ma feb 18, 2008 10:16

Thanks! :)

The side supports (outriggers) aren't too strong... But it's not problem, because without them the crane also can lift the heli when it's fully on one side.
The weakest point of the crane is the turntable. :(
It could lift more weight but with this turntable it's not possible. The maximum lifting capacity is only about 650gramm. :?
Zoli

Vorige

Keer terug naar Bouwwerken en MOC's